Translation for anyone running (or aspiring to run) an RTO
• What excites you as a RTO Owner/CEO/Manager and what gets you annoyed? Do you really know these things about yourself? Does your team?
• Are you really understanding and participating in all your RTO business activities (even the ones you don't like or aren't as good at) or are you being what I call 'The Reluctant RTO CEO' – wanting the title but not all that goes into the role?
• Are you uncomfortable in the direction and activities of your RTO or are you stressed and anxious? If you're the latter, what needs to change to get the balance right again?
• Are you ready to get stuck into your RTO every time you step into your RTO business or turn on the laptop/tablet?
• Are you waiting for clients/students to come to you or are you out there engaging, building partnerships and looking for new ways to meet the current and future needs of your clients/students?
• Are you holding grudges against those in your team who've made mistakes?
• Who's really running your RTO – you in the centre of everything or everyone and everything else?
• Are your systems and processes thorough, genuine and transparent so clients/students and your team can help build a simple, profitable (and compliant) RTO business?
• How are you treating your support network – your family and friends who just know when you're down and need a helping hand?
• What have you learnt about your RTO business? Is your RTO's future strong or does it need some more work and a rethink?And here's my final thought:And here's the unfortunate kicker for myself as the beloved Hawthorn member.
Even if you're not a football supporter, I strongly encourage you to grab a refreshment, disengage from work for an hour to truly engage and watch these videos.
Then be an active participant by embracing the messages and seeing what you can adapt, adopt and apply for you and your RTO.
Brendan Bolton was one of our key assistant coaches for many years and served his apprenticeship under one of the most successful coaches of the modern era, Alastair Clarkson.
Since his appointment, I watched with interest at Brendan's progress because as a Business Coach, I love seeing leadership at its best. But as a Hawks supporter, I always hoped (which is terrible I know) that he didn't get Carlton going too well because I always want Hawthorn's name to be on that Premiership Cup.
So now I pass the ball to you.
What's your RTO's business journey?
What do you need to reset in yourself, in your RTO and in your team to get you uncomfortable and successful as you build a simple profitable RTO business you actually love?
Maybe part of your reset is to not be on this business journey alone anymore, and if that's the case, why not join Coach In Your Corner – the only RTO business community who understand there's more to running an RTO than compliance and a passion for training.
And don't forget to look for the next instalment of this Reset Journey in next week's Blog where I'll share the progress of this 2016 re-build and a 2020 update.
Dedicated to making your RTO life easierTamara