It's choice time.
Start decluttering NOW OR spend the year floundering and whingeing about why you don't have time to do what's needed to build a profitable business because you're spending unnecessary hours looking for things because nothing's easy to find in the mess.
And you might think I'm talking just to you but I'm also giving myself some much needed tough love to get this sorted, once and for all.
Because imagine when it's done – how much better will you feel; and what a great physical and virtual environment you will have created for you, your team and your clients.
And because this is a task which may take the year to complete, chunk it down into manageable bits and reward yourself and your team once each little bit is done.And here's my final thought:
I encourage you to make your 2021 mission to:Declutter Your Mind
by filling it with positive thoughts and focused priorities for the year (which includes a documented Annual Business Plan).Declutter Your Workspace
- cleaning your desk and organising it with the tools you need to start each day afresh
- going through the filing cabinet to determine what really needs to be kept, archived or shredded, and
- cleaning shelves and labelling them so everyone knows where items should be stored.Declutter Your Virtual Space
by reviewing your electronic filing system
- to determine if it still makes sense – is it logical and does everyone interpret it the same way? If not, change it to a simple structure which everyone understands.
- then move files into the new structure
- then start with the first folder and review each item to see whether it needs to be kept, archived or deleted.
- then rinse and repeat until every folder has been completed.
And if you're like me and the task is quite huge because you've let it go for way too long, then all you need to do is commit to 15 minutes a day
Now I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but by the end of the week that's 1 ¼ hours more than what you were doing last week.
And once you've chipped away throughout the year and cleared the deck, it's imperative to keep up the 15 minutes a day habit to maintain the momentum you've just created.
Otherwise, all your good work and intentions will be for nothing, and I'd hate to have to repost this article in January 2022 because nothing has changed.Because if nothing changes, nothing changes.
So go and put on your favourite tunes or audiobook; grab your cleaning products, garbage bags, labeller and electronic files; and DECLUTTER your heart out
If you're looking for some business inspiration and professional development with timesaving tools designed specifically for anyone running (or aspiring to run) an RTO, then please check out* Coach In Your Corner Membership
* RTO Conversations
Dedicated to helping you GROW
your RTO businessTamara